DEVONagent is an impressive tool that retrieves bucket loads of information from the internet. We were impressed at how the application quickly displays results.
On the left side of the interface the program lists the most important topics related to your URL. In the interface itself, you can preview links from a browser window.
DEVONagent features advanced scans to look for specific elements like emails, links or embedded media. You can also edit search sets to get more precise results.
Links can be searched at multiple levels to find all related websites.
DEVONagent doesn't just offer advanced searching capabilities. The application also features scripts to perform specific actions like email your results page or opening linked JPEGs.
DEVONagent should be extremely useful for finding detailed information about competitor websites or analysing the various elements of your own site.
- This public beta runs without registration until June 30, 2011, before it needs to be replaced by a new public beta or the final 3.0 release.
- DEVONagent 3.0 will be a paid upgrade when the final version is released. Upgrade pricing for users of versions 1.x and 2.x will become available before the release of the final version. Users who purchased DEVONagent on or after January 1, 2009 will be eligible for free upgrades.
- What is new in this release
- DEVONagent 3.0 public beta 3 features a brand new menu extra that makes DEVONagent's unique search technology available from anywhere on the Mac. Placed on the right-hand side of the menu bar the menu lets you type in queries and open interesting results with a single click in DEVONagent or any other web browser of choice. Just like Spotlight, but for the Web.
- In addition, public beta 3 brings two new search sets querying Google and Bing unfiltered, a new plugin for the Highbeam article archive, and many detail improvements. Reports support OPML and HTML now, search sets can be exported by dragging them to the Finder, and phrases can contain the asterisk operator. We have also slightly overhauled the styling of search results and fixed a number of bugs and glitches.